The Haldia Municipality,
City Center, Debhog, Purba Medinipur
Date. 15th January, 2018
Closing Date. 3rd February, 2018
Application are invited from eligible candidates for filling up the posts as shown in the table below under Haldia Municipality.
Name of the Post
Category wise no.of vacancies
Scale of Pay with Grade Pay
Grade Pay Rs.2600
The candidate has passed Madhyamik or equivalent examination from any Board recognized by the Government preference shall be given to them who have knowledge of typing and computer.
Not less than 18years and not more than 40years
The candidate has passed Madhyamik or equivalent examination from any Board recognized by the Government. Candidate having experience in Accounting and working with Computer will get preference . Departmental candidates having requisite qualification & fulfilling other criteria for direct requirement, working in the Scale of pay below to that of Asst. Cashier, shall also eligible to complete along with other candidates.
Rs.4900-Rs.16200+Grade Pay Rs.1700
Candidate shall have passed Class-VIII from any Govt. recognized Institution. Preference shall be given on good physical & sportsmanship.
1) Intending Candidates will have to apply online in the prescribed format which can be downloaded from the website of Haldia Municipality (www.haldiamunicipality.org) . Candidates claiming reservation must have to enclose copy of relevant certificate issued by Competent Authority. Candidates who are in Govt./Quasi-Govt. services will have to apply through proper channel.
2) Application specially defined for the post must be dropped directly by the candidates or his/her representative into the appropriate Drop Box situated at the 1st Floor of the Haldia Municipality to be addressed to the Chairman, Haldia Municipality, City Centre, P.O.- Debhog, Haldia, Dist. Purba Medinipur, West Bengal-721657 superscribing on the envelope i) Employment Notice No____ ii) “Name of the Post applied for______” iii) “Category-_____” so as to drop on or before the closing date. This to be noted in this connection that downloaded application(s) with application ID through ordinary post or by Speed Post, Registered Post or by Courier service will be accepted up to the closing date i.e. 03.02.2018 .
3) NO APPLICATION SHALL BE RECEIVED AFTER THE LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION.
4) No application would be received through email.
5) Application duly filled up in appropriate manner must be submitted along with the copies of the following documents duly self attested by the applicant.
i) Age Proof certificate ii) SC/ST/OBC-A/ OBC-B/Person with Disability(PWD)/ Meritorious Sports Person/ Ex-Serviceman certificate issued by the competent authority iii) Mark Sheet and or certificates of each examination passed.
6) RESERVATION /AGE RELAXATION
A) For SC/ST Candidates :
• The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC/ST candidates of West Bengal only. If such reservation is notified against the post for respective category.• The benefit of age relaxation for SC/ST candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
B) For OBC-A/OBC-B candidates :
• The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the OBC-A/OBC-B candidates of West Bengal only if such reservation is notified against the post for respective category.• The benefit of age relaxation for OBC-A/OBC-B candidates will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulations.
SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES WILL BE TREATED AS UNRESERVED CANDIDATES.
C) For Ex-Serviceman Candidates :-
• The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the Ex-Serviceman candidates, if such reservation is notified against the post for respective category.• The benefit of age relaxation for the Ex-Serviceman candidates will be given as per existing Government rules and regulation.
D) For Persons with Disabilities of at least 40% and above:
• The benefit of reservation will be given to the candidates with disabilities of at least 40% and above, if such reservation is notified against the post for respective category.• The benefit of age relaxation for candidates will disabilities of at least 40% and above will be admissible to all such candidates as per relevant rules & regulation.• Candidates having disability of less than 40% shall be treated as unreserved candidates and therefore shall not get benefit of reservation/age relaxation.
7) Three nos. of Self attested recent coloured passport size photograph(4.5cm x 3.5cm) of the candidate must be enclosed with the application(one to be pasted on the application form at appropriate space and two as enclosure along with application in prescribed format).
8) Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
9) Candidates may obtain the details of the post, relevant information and application format through the website of Haldia Municipality (www.haldiamunicipality.org)/ Office Notice Board of Haldia Municipality.
10) Last date of Submission of downloaded hard copy of Application is on 03-02-2018 upto 4PM.
11) If at any stage, even after appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the Employment Notice, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
12) Name of intending candidates are being invited from P.E.E. Haldia, Govt.of West Bengal as well as from the Directorate of Employment Exchange, Exempted Category Cell, Bentinck Street, Kolkata for the candidates belongs to Exempted Category.
13) The Authority reserve the right to cancel any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.
14) The Candidates who apply for the post should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions thereof. Their admission at the stage of Written Examination, if any as the case may be and the Interview/Viva-voce for which they are admitted by this Authority, will be purely provisional subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before and after Written Examination, if any as the case may be and the interview/Viva-voce, if it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility condition, their candidature for the examination shall stand cancelled without any notice and/or further reference.
15) Applications incomplete in any form or those not in prescribed format or received after the due date are liable to be rejected summarily.
16) Post reserved for Exempted Category shall be considered in accordance with Govt.Order No-1432/MA/O/C-3/O-34/2001 dated 19/09/2002 read with Govt.Order No.308(100)-Emp.Dated-04/09/2002.
A) Written Examination for the Post of Clerk & Assistant Cashier.
Candidates shall have to appears at a written Examination of 80marks. Duration of Written Examination will be for one hour. There will be 80(Eighty) Multiple Choice type Questions, carrying 1(one) mark each covering the subjects as detailed below :-
Standard of questions for the post of
Clerk & Assistant Cashier
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
B) Written Examination for the Post of Helper.
Class VIII Standard
• Question will be set in English and Bengali for Bengali question only.
• Candidates have to mark answers in respect of Multiple Choice objective type questions in the Question cum Answer Booklet.
• There will be no negative marking for wrong answer.
C) Interview and other test as mentioned below :
Note : Final Merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates as detailed below :
Type of test
For the post of
Clerk & Asstt. Cashier & Helper
Clerk & Asstt. Cashier
18) Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the venue supervisor/invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct he/she will render himself/herself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and/or such punishment as the Selection Committee may deem fit to impose.
19) A candidate who has been reported against by the venue supervisor of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the examination hall will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations/selections as may be decided by the Selection Committee depending on the circumstances/gravity of the case.
20) Use of Mobile phones, calculators and any kind electronic gadgets inside the examination hall will lead to cancellation of candidature without given on opportunity of being heard.
21) No candidate will be eligible to apply for more than one post.
Sd/-ChairmanHaldia Municipality&Chairman of the Selection Committee
PROFORMA FOR FILLING UP APPLICATION
(1) Name of the Post:
(2) Name (in Block letters) :
(3) Father’s/Husband's Name :
(4) Address in full with Mobile No:
(5) Date of Birth :
(6) Age as on 01-01-2017 :
(7) Qualification :
(8) Certificate/Diploma :
(9) Computer Qualification :
(10) Religion :
(11) Caste :
(12) Sub-Caste :
(13) Working Experience :
(14) Self attested photo to be affix top of application form.
Signature of the candidate